Friday, November 18, 2011

To be a Family


Authors Note: 4 paragraph essay explaining the "Definition  of a Family" as a theme in the book "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton.
Many people think of family in a way that you are only related by blood. Ponyboy from the book, “The Outsiders” by S.E. Hinton believes differently and so do I. His family is the greasers, without them he would be nothing. Families are the people that always have your back.
          When Johnny murdered Bob, Ponyboy was ready to run away with him in a heartbeat. When he ran away with Johnny I realized how good of a friend that Ponyboy really is. I know when ever my friends get bullied I always stand up for them, even if it was the biggest, meanest, and rudest kid in the school. Ponyboy would do that to for his friends too.
          Unlike most of the greasers I have both a mom and a dad. Ponyboy’s mom and dad died in a car crash about a year or so back. Ever since then, Ponyboys only family is the greasers. I think of my friends as my sisters. They know that I will always have their backs and I know they will always have mine. I know this because whenever I have ever been bullied they go ape on the person who made me sad, and angry.  The same way that the greasers are with each other.
The greasers know that they will always be there for one another. If you don’t feel that way with your friends or family who do you think will be? Ponyboy certainly is a good friend who will always have your back

No comments:

Post a Comment