Friday, March 9, 2012

Melinda... What do you see when she walks through the door?

Authors Note:This is a writing piece that demonstrates what you would see if Melinda from Speak would look like if she were to walk into  using figurative language.
The door opens, and she walks in. She walks so swiftly almost as if she wishes to not be seen. Her hair covers her eyes until she takes her seat. I try not to stare but there is something different about her, I just can't put my finger on it. When she walks she stares at her feet, and wears clothes that you would see on a eleven year old. She lifted her head and her eyes were filled with the fear of being judged. I could tell she prayed not be to seen.
The Hunchback of Notradame has better posture then she does. I try to talk to her but she keeps blowing me off like I'm that annoying fly buzzing around the room. When she finally talked she sounded scared to death. I couldn't help but to wonder , why was she acting so odd? The teacher said her Melinda -- I figured that was her name. She nodded her head enough for Mr.Jones to see she was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment